Monday, May 21, 2012

Playing with "Fire"...

"Playing with Fire" the third installment of the "From Ashes" series is finally done. Due to not being that mobile these days (foot surgery) this piece took longer than I wanted, but maybe it was for the best... to force me to take my time. Overall I'm more than pleased with the results.

One act of Hendrix became legendary when playing the song "Fire", he set his guitar ablaze for the first time at a concert in London in 1967 by dousing it in lighter fluid and burning it. This act "sparked" me to create this piece and is a perfect fit for my "From Ashes" series.

I want to get to a point in my career where I feel untouchable, to a height where I can do no wrong. Where each piece I do is as natural as breathing. Every piece, every painting created is a step towards perfection. I won't be igniting any paintings anytime soon, but as I continue on my art journey you can be sure I damn will bring the heat.

Enjoy.

1 comment: